Saturday 7 September 2013

Sweet Wheat Porridge

Today I'm blogging from my very new Sony Vaio I bought yesterday....one word to describe it : Awesome...
Haha...with the Touchscreen, Apps and the sound system....(I'm yet to explore it further)...I would say I'm so loving my new toy ;)
So, this week's post...Sweet Wheat Porridge...also called Bubur Gandum in Malay, is one of my husband's fav so this is done upon request.
My first try but as usual..a success ;). Here goes :



Ingredients :

250gm wheat pearls
1 litre water
2 pandan (screwpine leaves) ,knotted
150 ml thick coconut milk - from fresh coconut
150 gm sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Method :

Wash the wheat pearls until water runs clear. Soak for 30 mins.
In a pot, bring water and pandan leaves to a boil. Add the wheat pearls and allow to boil for 5 mins before lowering the heat and to simmer till wheat pearls are soft to touch (about 20-30 mins)
Add more water if needed. Add in the coconut milk, sugar and salt. Bring to a quick boil. Make sure sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat. Serve warm or cold ;)

1 comment: