Saturday 26 May 2012

Bergedil Ikan (Indonesian Fish Cutlets)

This is one of my favourite side dish whenever I eat at a Nasi Padang restaurant in Yogyakarta where I was studying.....I knew I have to try this out....so I made em and wow...yummylicious bergedil (thats what they call it in Indonesia)..;)

Ingredients :
2 slices of tenggiri fish (mackerel)
3 potatoes (sliced)
some Chinese parsley (chopped)
3-4 shallots (chopped thinly)
some coriander leaves, chopped thinly
ground black pepper
1 red chilli, seeds removed (chopped thinly)
1 egg (beaten)

Method :
Deep fry mackerel slices for a few minutes and let it cool....then remove all bones, mash and keep aside.
 Fry / boil potato slices (I fried them)...let it cool..then mash...keep aside.
Add chopped shallots, chilli, coriander leaves, chinese parsley, salt to taste and ground black pepper...mix well....then make into balls (see picture below)

Close with cling wrap and keep in fridge till ready to fry....
10 mins before frying, take it out from the fridge....
Heat oil in a deep frying pan...dip the 'bergedil' in the beaten egg just to coat then fry till golden brown....serve hot as a side dish for rice or as a snack ;)

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Looks mouth watering & delicious! Yup! I would love these as a snack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete